Thursday, June 11, 2009

Inburgering pt. 4

My integration into dutch society has been made a lot easier.  Previously i was told that I should really learn some dutch before I started to take the Inburgering courses and start that whole process.  As a result of that, my case was transfered to another person in the Gemente (city hall).  He then decided (or perhaps they changed their policy), that since I have a master's degree and a university background that I just have to pass the Statsexamen II.  The statsexamen II is an exam that tests dutch language knowledge.  People who don't speak dutch as their first language have to pass this test to get into a dutch university.  Now, I have to take 3 levels of dutch and i should be able to pass the test. I start my classes in September and I should be finished Dec. 2010 or soon thereafter.  I guess the Gemente people decided that once I know dutch I can figure out how to do things like take the bus or get a job on my own. 

No comments:

Groningen

Groningen
This is where Groningen is