Sunday, August 16, 2009

Julie and Kyle's visit to Amsterdam and Groningen

Julie and Kyle came to visit me in the Netherlands last week. I went to college with Julie and her husband Kyle. John and I met them in Amsterdam and we visited the Rijksmuseum, Vondelpark, and the Red Light District.

Here's the i amsterdam sign and me at the eet cafe in Vondelpark.


This is the garden in front of the Rijksmuseum. and on the right, John and I are carrying the cheese.

After one night in Amsterdam, we all took the train up to Groningen. John and I convinced Julie and Kyle to try biking in Groningen. We made it to a roof top bar and recovered with a couple drinks.


We walked to the Prizenhoff gardens near the city center. They were lovely as always.
We then biked to Hornsemeer, which is a lake south of Groningen. We saw some "wild" dutch cattle, a windmill, and a hot air balloon.

Julie and Kyle in front of the windmill.

We ended the busy day at an italian restaurant in Groningen. The following morning, Julie and Kyle left for Luxembourg.

No comments:

Groningen

Groningen
This is where Groningen is